Saturday, August 13, 2022

Why Can't Poor People Feel Safe In Democrat Controlled Crime Infested Connecticut Cities?

Does anyone think that poor people who live in the most crime infested cities in Connecticut feel safe?  I am talking about those people who are poor even  though they may be working, elderly on fixed incomes and or those who are disabled that are forced to live in the crime driven cities of Bridgeport, Hartford and or New Haven.  I am not talking about the illegal drug dealers, slum lords and or criminals that walk freely and are never prosecuted for their crimes in these same streets.  Three cities that are all led by the Democrat Party and three cities that have received massive bailouts over the years financed by Connecticut Taxpayers.  What really has this never ending Democrat one party rule help provide them?  Massive crime?  Massive illegal drug dealing, illegal drug use and drug overdoses too numerous to mention?  The same inhumane living conditions that have been part of these cities since the 1970's?  Failing schools where students are pushed through grades to be promoted even though they can not master basic reading and writing skills?  I really wonder sometimes why the Connecticut Democrat Party wants to inflict these substandard and horrific living conditions on these poor people while they live in their sheltered police protected worlds of gated homes and communities.  While those who are poor even  though they may be working, elderly on fixed incomes and or those who are disabled, must live a lawless inferno of crime, drugs and murders in these same cities, and fear for their lives daily.  

However I still know Connecticut citizens who have lived and worked their entire lives in these cities and still somehow believe in their cities and are still living and working there.  I also know many who have fled to much safer places both in and out of Connecticut.  Having taught at an inner city Community College in New Haven for many years I saw a general decline first hand in the city.   I also had many minority students ask me for career advice so that they could get out of the slums of their city and lead a better life.  For many years on the first two nights of class I would bring in notebooks, paper, binders and supplies to give out to the students and I would never come home with anything left.  On the last night of class I would lecture my students as to never being broke, to depend on themselves to be successful and at the end of the lecture I would give them Presidential dollar coins for both themselves and children/grandchildren (if they had any) telling them that they can and will succeed in life and never be broke.   I tried to help them as best I could as I could see the helplessness on many of their faces.  I did have several students in these classes become great success stories in that they were able to graduate from college, have a successful career and raise their loving families.  Many left the cities they were born in.  They left the dysfunctional,  debilitated and politically poisoned cities of their youth knowing these cities are not getting better any time soon.    Also I am saddened to know that many of my students could not handle college and quit, failed and or dropped out.  I can never forget one of the last times I left my night class from that same inner city Community College in New Haven while I was going to my car (I no longer teach there), I was shocked.  I saw the waste of a city with homeless people on the sidewalks, being asked for money by panhandlers and individuals who in my opinion needed psychological help.  To me it was both sad and pathetic.  Why did it get this bad? 

Why have these cities descended into this cesspool of crime forcing those people who are poor even  though they may be working, elderly on fixed incomes and or those who are disabled that are forced to live there fearing for their lives daily?  I am fascinated by the Democrat multi-millionaire politicians who rule Connecticut such as Ned Lamont, Richard Blumethal and Rosa DeLauro and have been in power for years really could care less for these poor people.  Because if they really cared they would be advocates of enforcing criminal laws and prosecuting criminals, supporting the police forces of these communities not de-funding them, eliminating illegal drugs flowing into those cities by cartels who now roam free at our borders by closing our borders, and getting people essential psychological help who now are allowed to live in squalor on the streets rather than micromanaging Covid-19 for their own financial and political benefit.  It is pathetic.

Changes are essential in Connecticut's large crime infested cities.  People who are poor even  though they may be working, elderly on fixed incomes and or those who are disabled that are forced to live in these same cities deserve the same freedom from crime that our Democrat multi-millionaire politicians who rule Connecticut such as Ned Lamont, Richard Blumethal and Rosa DeLauro enjoy in their gated security based compounds.  Again crime, murder, and illegal drug use should not be the norm and an inherent part of people lives who live in the cities.  That is why we used to have a legal system to address crime, murder and illegal drugs but in 2022 we apparently no longer have this luxury in the state.  Somehow in theory liberalism eliminated all these bad things in our cities while in reality liberalism has only made it worse.

I think many people are fed up with these ruthless violations of both their personal freedoms and safety that happen on a daily basis.  They want answers not more lies being force fed them daily by elitist politicians who have little perception of reality.  They want a chance at a better life. Why can't they have it?  Why are they suppressed and always conquered by carpetbagging politicians?  

 And it is 1776 all over again.

No comments: