Sunday, September 29, 2019

Christina Tatta for Wallingford Town Council

Another one of my votes for Wallingford Town Council will be going to Republican Christina Tatta in November.  This is the first time she is running for Town Council however she has been very active in Wallingford.  I had the pleasure of serving with Christina on the Wallingford Charter Revision Commission in 2016-17.  She served as Vice Chairperson for that commission and I found her very articulate and prepared in those two years that we served.  She also was an Alternate and then became a Full Member of the Zoning Board of Appeals.  The ZBA can sometimes be a difficult commission to serve on due to the nature of the appeals.  In seeing Christina serve on this commission I found her to handle all issues with a great depth of research and without bias.  She has done an excellent job on each.
These commissions does give her great insight and vision in order to serve on our Town Council.  I can envision her being a well qualified and planned member looking at both sides of an issue as they come up onto the Council.
Some of her stances from her website: www.christinatatta.com
"As a steward of your money, I will work to maintain a low mill rate and to continue and improve upon town services."
"Wallingford has a strong school system. I am supportive of the school-business-government relationship that gives students "real world" experiences. I will work to keep our BOE budget affordable."
"I work at my family's business, so I understand local business' needs. I will work with our Economic Development Commission, and I will be an advocate of business."
I feel Christina Tatta would be an excellent addition to the Wallingford Town Council. We need more individuals who understand the struggles of those taxpayers who work in the real economic world as she does to represent them.  I urge my fellow Wallingford voters to cast one of their votes for her on Election Day.  

No comments: