Monday, October 05, 2015

Shauna Glidden For Wallingford Board Of Education

Another one of my votes in this November's election will be going to Shauna Glidden for Wallingford Board of Education.  She is an articulate individual who has three children and has been active in many organizations including the PTO, Cub Scouts, the Wallingford Hawks and Wallingford Works Wonders.
Here is some information from her website and campaign literature:

Reasons for Running

I am a parent and a Wallingford resident and tax payer. As such, I have a vested interest in the policies and decisions made by the Board of Education. But what has motivated me to run for this office is who I am as a person. By my very nature I have always been an advocate driven by my desire to make the world a better place. Every step I have taken in my life has been to facilitate this goal. Nelson Mandela stated:

“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
Nelson Mandela

One of the most important things we can do as a society is educate our youth. Education is the key to ending all of the worlds problems. Societies in which the majority of the population has received excellent education are less violent, more economically successful and have less disparity.

Core Beliefs

“Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.”
Margaret Mead

Education is about teaching students how to use all of the information available to them to formulate  their own opinions, concepts and ideas. Then teaching them to take the things they have learned and apply them to the world around them.

All students regardless of race, religion, socio-economic standing, age or ability should receive the best education possible. It is our duty as a society to ensure that the students of today become  the best possible people of tomorrow.
I urge my fellow Wallingford voters to vote for Shauna Glidden for Board of Education this November.

No comments: