Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Congress and Economics/Finance Do Not Mix

"I understand speed is important, but I'm far more interested in whether or not we get this right,". Chris Dodd said this yesterday at his bailout hearing. I am wondering why he did not comment on his subprime mortgage deal with Countrywide. However after reading what happened at the hearings I can conclude that our Congress and economics/finance do not mix. I can not rationalize the lack of economic knowledge that members of this group displayed yesterday. I can not believe they are that ignorant about how our economy works nor do they have any understanding of how our finance markets work. Barney Franks continues to ignore his own lies about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and still beats his liberal drum sitting in front of his committee working it to his own political glorification. It is pathetic to watch this. Both committees in my opinion are clueless as to what is going on in the financial markets. And both are playing politics as usual (especially Dodd who does not have a leg to stand on) with this financial
bailout bill. Congress really needs to address itself and its failings especially when economics,finance and spending are concerned. And I wish hearings could start today on that.

No comments: