Friday, November 08, 2019

Tolls Are Taxes

I wonder what part of No Tolls doesn't Ned Lamont or the Connecticut Democrat Party understand?
I wonder what part of new tolls does not mean new taxes for Connecticut drivers, taxpayers and businesses?
I wonder what part of new tolls does not mean new higher transportation costs that will be passed on to all in our state economy thus increasing the cost of living?
I wonder what part of new tolls does not mean more Connecticut bureaucracy and high costs to run the already failed program?
I wonder why there is going to be a toll on a part of Interstate 684 that is not even in Connecticut?
I wonder how many drivers will use non toll roads in order to avoid these tolls?
I wonder how fast will toll revenues decline from their projections?
I wonder how many out-of-state drivers will ignore the toll notifications they will get from the State of Connecticut and not pay the toll?
I wonder how quickly the temporary tolls will increase in costs and become permanent?
I wonder also how quickly the toll money gets diverted to the State's General Fund to pay for state union and management salaries, benefits and pensions?
I wonder how long will it take to actually repair the major road and bridge projects that are being proposed to be fixed by the Governor? 
I wonder how many cost overruns will occur when these projects are being worked on?
I wonder how much more money has to be spent because these repairs can only be done by unions with no competitive bidding and with a forced prevailing wage rate being paid?
I wonder what Democrat political appointee will run this already failing toll program?
I wonder how much he or she will be paid also and why such an excessive amount of salary?
I wonder why Ned Lamont and the Connecticut Democrat Party have such a dislike and disrespect for the Connecticut Taxpayer especially since there is such a great opposition to tolls?
The Connecticut Democrat Party will once again damage the state economy with their new toll tax.
And for those members of the Connecticut Democrat Party who vote for tolls, they will lose at the polls in November.
NO TOLLS.  

No comments: