Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Vincent Cervoni For Wallingford Town Council

Mr. Cervoni is the Vice Chairman of the Wallingford Town Council.  I am going to use one of my votes to re elect him this November.  I had an opportunity to talk to him a few weeks back about his campaign and views for the upcoming election.

What do you feel is your greatest accomplishment or accomplishments as a member of the Council?
Mr. Cervoni: I don't take individual credit for individual accomplishments.  I am part of a team that is part of this administration.  In this term, my team kept the bonded indebtedness per-capita below $1000, bringing it closer to $900.  My team helped this Town maintain an Aaa bond rating.  These are important parts of the budget matrix that help keep tax increases very modest.  I'm also proud to have been part of the team that instituted an enterprise ambulance service.  By all reports, the enterprise ambulance service has proven to be a win-win for the residents.  My latest information is that the enterprise ambulance service has done so well that four more paramedics are being hired.

Low taxes, economic growth, forward thinking are all parts of Mr. Cervoni's platform and again he puts the needs of our community above personal political gain.  And that personal political gain and political posturing is very evident on the other side of the Town Council aisle. 
Mr. Cervoni has been in my opinion a strong and effective Council member, he is articulate and offers a great deal of insight on many issues that come forward to the Council.  Voters can check out more information on his website  www.vincentcervoni.com


No comments: