Monday, November 29, 2010

Chris Dodd Will Never Get It

Chris Dodd will never get it, here is my last correspondence I received from him. What has he really done for us? And he never came clean on all of his sweetheart deals, what a debacle. It is nice to know he does not have to be bothered representing the people of Connecticut any more in his last days as a Senator. Good bye and good riddance Chris Dodd.

November 15, 2010
Mr. Robert Swick
Wallingford, CT 06492



Dear Mr. Swick:

Thank you for your recent letter. It was a pleasure to hear from you. At this point in time, my office has begun closing down in preparation for my retirement from the United States Senate. As a result, I suggest that you send any future inquiries, comments or concerns to my colleague, Senator Joe Lieberman and my successor, Senator-elect Richard Blumenthal, when he takes office. Nevertheless, I appreciate your thoughtful correspondence, and would like to pass along my sincere thanks for giving me the opportunity to serve our state and nation.


I am extremely proud of the incredible things that we have accomplished during the current Congress and over the last thirty years on behalf of the people of Connecticut. None of it would have been possible without the dedicated engagement of Connecticut's residents sharing their points of view, opinions, and ideas on how I could best serve our state. We may not have always agreed on every issue, but it was important for me to hear from you and I appreciate your input.


Throughout my tenure in the Senate, I have been honored to work with my colleagues to enhance the lives of Connecticut residents by protecting consumers, strengthening the quality of life of children and families, improving our national security and relations abroad, and delivering federal support for our state's needs. This work will continue in the good hands of Senator Lieberman, Senator-Elect Blumenthal, as well as Representatives DeLauro, Larson, Courtney, Murphy, and Himes.


Once again, I would like to express my appreciation for your correspondence. Over the years, the stories I have heard from Connecticut residents like you on these and numerous other issues have inspired and guided my work. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve, and best wishes.

Sincerely,


CHRISTOPHER J. DODD

United States Senator

No comments: