Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Don Cornwall for Wallingford Board of Education

I am using one of my votes to help elect Don Cornwall to the Wallingford Board of Education. In discussions with Don I was impressed with his knowledge, experience and economic views for Wallingford education. Don has an extensive background in private industry which I feel will help his role on the Board.
From the www.wallingfordgop.com website
I am seeking a position on the Board of Education because I have a strong desire to serve our community. I believe that being a husband and a dad to our two sons, as well as my skills and experiences as a business leader will assist me in the challenges and decision making of this position.
As an engineering graduate, I support a strong education. Throughout my career I’ve supported science and technology programs. I have worked through my employer to provide funding for the local high school’s participation in the US FIRST robotic competition and I sat on the board for the ‘Project Lead the Way’ program gaining certification for this rigorous curriculum which prepares students for a higher education in science and technology.

As a business leader, my responsibilities are global. My travel around the world has developed my understanding of the environment in which our children must be prepared to participate. I have been trained and practice the business principles of 6 sigma, a process with emphasis on continuous improvement and lean principles that drive efficiencies. Both of these of these concepts enable me to analyze situations and understand the real issues to provide effective solutions.

I stand for:
Continuous Academic improvements for All Students
I will work to monitor curriculum and ensure that it challenges and motivates our students to prepare them for the 21st century. I will strive to provide a learning environment to effectively teach our students throughout the entire school system.

Safety in Our Schools
I believe every child is entitled to a quality education in a safe and comfortable learning environment. I promote a zero-tolerance policy concerning drugs, alcohol, and violence in our schools.

Clear and Accountable Spending Policies
I will work to provide a quality education for our children while remaining sensitive to the economic climate. I will seek opportunities to save money, while exploring unique ways to generate revenue to assist our budget.


I urge Wallingford voters to elect Republican Don Cornwall to the Board of Education.

No comments: