Monday, October 27, 2008

Why Is Wealth Bad In Our Economy?

Why is wealth bad in our economy? Why is it fine to have millionaire liberal Democrats in Congress dictating to those individuals in our economy who are productive what they can and can not have? I have studied formally Economics and Business since high school, 37+ years now. Over all the classes I have taken, the degrees that I have, all the classes I have taught, all of the thousands of articles I have read, all of the magazines and books that I have read, I still wish to know why is it bad to work hard and gain wealth and why is it government's inherent right to take as much as it can away from those same people.
That is what this Presidential election had developed into. Government has once again proven by interfering with the housing market it has help to create a great housing and credit mess along with hiding the problems of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. And then it blames capitalism for it. It needs to blame itself. What Congress could have done was to help create energy independence-it only has had 35+ years to do that and to stimulate the economy by the elimination of taxes on inheritances, and lower and eliminate all taxes on interest, dividends and capital gains. Let capitalism run itself and downsize government at all levels. Just another reason why I am voting for McCain/Palin this election.

No comments: