Monday, September 22, 2008

Please, please bail me out!

Please bail me out. I am out of control. No, my family is not out of control with our spending, but can we get some of that bail out money that is free in Washington. Can we get some of that change (whatever that means?) that is supposed to be coming? Better yet show me some of my cash that I pay in local, state and federal taxes.
A simplistic view of the financial mess that is found in our economy today is that we need to spend less money. We need to live below our means to help create a better financial future. Many CEO's are not worth what they are being paid in these financial companies that are going broke. I realize that this falls onto deaf ears in Washington and Hartford but I can not see governmental ownership of mortgages where in essence, if you have this type of mortgage you are both the creditor and debtor of the mortgage. We are subsidizing those who have lived well above their means. Who really will pay for all this?
As an economist I really would love to see the free market system work again with that invisible hand guiding us along the way. So much for that in my lifetime.

No comments: