Monday, February 04, 2008

What is the National Debt and does anyone running for President care?

Hey do you have an extra $9 trillion dollars plus? Can I use it? If you are the Federal Government that is how much the National Debt is. I have a little clock on my blog site showing the debt increasing by the second due to rampant spending by our government. The government each year must borrow more and more money to finance it-9% of the budget is now borrowing for the debt and 8% of the budget is interest on the debt itself!
I am curious if any of the Presidential candidates care about it? I know on the Democratic side they are much more concrened about spending even more money than what we are spending now since the Democrats answer to everything is more spending. I am somewhat concerned to the thoughts of the Republican candidates on this subject since I see there is no restraint on the part either Democractic or Republican members of Congress (with the exception of Rep. Jeff Flake of Arizona-who in my opinion should run for the Presidency).
Thus here is the challenge for the Republican nominee for President. Develop a plan to cut Federal spending, pay down the National debt and have government start living within its means.
Well I can dream can't I? Cut spending now.

No comments: