Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Look at what I have done! Please give me more! Connecticut's State Legislature

2008 is another election year. This year we will once again elect our State Legislature. We will continue to hear from now to election day incredible stories of how bad or how great everything is in our state. We will hear incredible stories (as seen in the recent mailings of our State Representatives and Senators) of all the great things that they have done for us, using of course our tax monies. When reading the cards that we mailed to my family at my expense, I wondered if I was living in the same Connecticut as they described.
There were incredible things done apparently in this past legislative session although they escaped my attention since I was very busy working two jobs to help support my ever growing state tax burden and the ever growing state budget. My family has had to cut back due to the excessive tax burden of Connecticut, high state college costs, higher energy prices, higher insurance costs and higher food costs. Has anyone in Hartford thought about cutting spending and in turn cutting taxes? Or does this concept not exist in our failed state legislature?
Thus the election of 2008 will again bring about the same group of mediocre state legislatures whose main concerns are the lobbyists that support them and give them power rather than those who elect them. A major overhaul and audit of the state budget is needed for Connecticut to survive. Again we as taxpayers deserve better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bob - are you interested in having your blog posts included in BlogNetNews for CT? (http://www.blognetnews.com/connecticut/) Email me
cteditor@blognetnews.com